It’s scary, thinking of the things that dwell in the shadows. The thought of sinister forces plotting our demise. Sometimes, the monsters we seek are there in our own backyards.
1. Glorifying Male suffering
2. Infilterating and colonizing male spaces
3. Insisting that everything must be feminist
4. Fetishizing female victimhood
5. Believing themselves above criticism
Elaborate use of shaming tactics to silence people
6. Free bleeding
7. Appropriation of other groups’ victim cred
8. Creating hash tags like #killallmen
Policing women’s behaviours
9. Tolerance of man-haters
Humorless vagina art
10. Appropriating successful women as feminist
Latest posts by Rachel Edwards (see all)
- Angry White Men - August 4, 2015
- Amy Everson is a fucking lunatic - June 6, 2015
- Honey Badger Radio: The unkindest cut - January 16, 2015
Thanks Rachel – I am so stealing “bucket of crazy” for future use.
HeyHey–I’m interested in your connection of Suey Park, her refs to white feminism, and racism.
Now I’ve been pretty diligent about distinguishing first world feminism from third world feminism in order for the purposes of debate not to allow privileged women to trade on the suffering of truly disadvantaged women. I’ll also, for similar reasons, distinguish white first world feminism from feminism more broadly so as not to allow white first world feminists to trade on the suffering of black and brown women in the West.
Do you see a problem with that?
Btw, note to the speaker around 10:30, it’s a perfect opportunity to distinguish between rights for women, and feminism. Dive right in and explain why the two or not close to synonymous.
The “Men think about sex every 6 seconds” thing bothers me. How the hell would I drive a car or
operate heavy machinery if that were true.
Every Six Seconds is an album by the band Saliva. Josey: “I got it from a news documentary I was watching that was talking about robbery and car theft and murder and other subjects. It finally got around to sex of course and they said that men think about sex every six seconds.”
I think i know who funded that documentary.
I like the Unfollow a Man meme. It says more about women of that ilk. Only women get butthurt over social media slights. Men generally could give two shits.