BuzzFeed has compiled a list of items to determine just how “misandrist” someone is. To the surprise of none, the list is chock full of straw misandry. In response, I have compiled a similar list of items to determine just how “misogynist” we are. Because why not. Here we go.
How Misogynist Are You?
Have you ever…?
- Told a woman to “woman up.”
- Thought about female genitalia.
- Addressed a women’s issue with “Yes, but men have it worse.”
- Used mental gymnastics to turn privilege into misandry.
- Stated that a woman must embody certain characteristics/values in order to be “real.”
- Thought “Literally any man would be more trustworthy than [specific woman].”
- Claimed that sexual intercourse between an adult male and a female child is not clear-cut statutory rape but rather a “far greyer moral area.”
- Referred to the female population as “the wimminz.”
- Made a “boys’ night out” of seeing a movie based on strippers and called it “empowering.”
- Stated that the matriarchy is responsible for all societal ills.
- Stated that the matriarchy hurts women too.
- Trolled a feminist blog.
- Used “man/men” in your vocabulary (e.g., woMAN, congressMAN, etc.).
- Used the term “HIStory.”
- Used the term “SEMester.”
- Staged a “BOYcott.”
- Looked at a woman.
- Enjoyed looking at a woman.
- Complimented a woman.
- Offered assistance to a woman.
- Unfollowed/unfriended every woman on Twitter/Facebook.
- Never even followed women on Twitter/Facebook to begin with.
- Regularly used the hashtag #KillAllWomen.
- Not voted for a female politician because everyone knows that women are responsible for all of the violence and war in the world.
- Requested that your child, while flying alone, not be seated next to a woman.
- Took government-sponsored erectile dysfunction medication just to waste women’s tax dollars.
- Had a girl baby and taught her to respect all men, regardless of their actions or how poorly they treat her.
- Seen the movie Gutterballs more than once.
- Seen the movie The New York Ripper more than once.
- Seen every 007 movie more than once and consider James Bond your idol.
- Admired Peter Hansen (the New Hampshire State Rep. who referred to women as “vaginas”).
- Asked a woman for a date in an elevator.
- Gone on a date with a woman and paid.
- Had a conversation with a woman while thinking only about the size of her wallet.
- Researched a cure for “female entitlement.”
- Had a sexual relationship with a woman.
- Had a sexual relationship with a man (because you hate women so much).
- Stated that you would never date a short girl and that short girls don’t deserve to live.
- Screeched at a woman to take her shirt off so that you could cheer at her muscles.
- Placed your briefcase on the seat next to you on public transit so that nobody, especially a woman, could sit next to you.
- Publicly pointed out a woman’s “bulge.”
- Asked a woman WHEN she planned on settling down and committing to a man, not IF.
- Regularly mocked the idea of women who live in their parents’ basement.
- Asked a woman what kind of earning potential she had and if she would be able to support a husband and children.
- Told a woman that she couldn’t be hired because the company had a strict quota to fill and needed a man to fill the position.
- Started a rapists club.
- Wrung your hands and laughed in a maniacal fashion.
- Put a broad in her place.
- Cast a spell on anyone who has uttered the phrase “slut shaming.”
- Suggested that alternatives to custody are more appropriate for male offenders and they shouldn’t be treated like women.
- Yelled at a woman to fix your car.
- Left the toilet seat up.
- Masturbated with a woman’s blood.
- Complimented a woman as surprisingly “empathetic.”
- Shrugged off the idea of women having issues, much less any worth committing to literature.
- Laughed heartily at women being portrayed as the resident buffoon throughout modern media.
- Looked at a leech and was reminded of a woman.
- Started listening to Robin Thicke only after the “Blurred Lines” controversy.
- Created an entire canon of art that reflects only female hypergamy.
- Sang “Cry me a river” after a woman expressed concern over female suicide rates.
- Talked over a woman in a meeting because she was obviously being too technical and not emotionally responsive enough.
- Suggested that all women are potential rapists in order to shield the world against their toxic sexuality.
- Suggested that a woman was bitter because she couldn’t get laid.
- Structured an entire society around demonizing women’s sexuality as inherently rapey and oppressive.
-If you checked off 1-6 items on this list:
You’re a baby misogynist. But don’t worry, you’ll get there soon!
-If you checked off 7-51 items on this list:
You’re well on your way to becoming the misogynist you’ve always dreamed of being. Keep up the good work!
-If you checked off 52-64 items on this list:
You’re the king/queen/supreme deity of all misogynists. All bow down to you.
Latest posts by Jessica Kenney (see all)
- Disney Review #2: Doc McStuffins - October 19, 2014
- Disney Review #1: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - September 2, 2014
- A response to Chris Gethard - July 2, 2014